Friday, May 29, 2015

Networking and Conventions

Uhhh mama! Yesterday was quite a day. Got another chance to sell my art at an art show here at the island. Met some really cool artists, and some really great people. Made some money and such things.... Damn! It was just really fun. But on to the important things, I believe it's time I make some business cards, just a little something, something that people can take with them when they both make a purchase or simply pass by the table and like what they see. A lot of people enjoyed my work, they would stand at the table and ell me it was awesome, but not many of them actually both anything.

Statistically speaking, out of say the 100 people that came by, if 10 of them bought something, that's too much. But out of those 100 people that came by, at least 30 or 40 of them had a positive comment about my art. And with that in mind I figured I could turn these people into fans, a long with the ones that bought stuff of course. So I figured if I made some business cards with my links, I could gain "double" the profit from each show, because what I don't make by selling merchandise I can get by gaining more followers and likes on Facebook. Hopefully making it so more people go to the next show I do or the next thing I post. Trying to grow my fan base is a crazy little thing, but truth be told, it's a very fun thing.

One last thing I learned yesterday is that people go freaking nuts over stickers here. I have some small prints I did that feature only half the bodies of popular characters and almost everyone that came by asked if the prints were stickers and many of them put a sad face when I told them that they weren't. Thankfully I have those prints in 200dpi so I can just go into illustrator and make them into stickers so I will definitely think of that when I go to make some new merch.

Got some new prices for printing and I might be saving a lot of money on this new run of stuff. Lastly I'm gonna start painting at the Town Market here on the island, so that's fun. A bit scared about the whole thing but it technically sounds like a wonderful idea. I can just go and paint and be happy. And at the end of the day I can maybe make some money and if not then I can at least donate art  to the beautiful people of my island.

No comments:

Post a Comment