Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What a wonderful world!

Oh what a day, what a day! Today I went over to the local Town Center to ask for permission to go sit and paint every weekend, simply have my little spot where I go sit and paint what I see and also sort of offer my art up to the people that go there. Not many of them have actual access to art so I'll be bringing it to them. Whatever I paint that day,they can either take for free or give a small donation and take the piece with them. Sort of like a live "Pay what you want" method. I was gonna store those painting at my studio anyways, so I figured why not give it to the people instead. And whatever I don't get monetarily I gain by having a new fan.

Speaking of fans, I'm trying to grow my fanbase, we're talking not just online but actually have a fan base of dedicated people willing to buy my art. I started doing that by friending everyone I've ever met in my life. Now that I have all them in one place, I can release content that hopefully they will enjoy enough to like, comment and share to their friends. Because I figured that everyone you ever meet is a potential fan, all you gotta do is show them your work. And if they used to be my friends at some point, then they want to see me do my best and not fail, so I figured I could show them my work and if they like it then they can show their friends, and their friends can show their friends, and so on and so on.

Speaking of all that, I'm gonna have a mini website release hopefully tomorrow, that includes almost all of the backbone to the site without all the artsy stuff I want to do such as banners, and icons and stuff that I actually want to draw. I can do those things slowly and at my own pace, slowly building up the site as I go. This is due in part to the fact that I'll be selling some of my art at a local marketplace the 28th of June and I'd like to make the most amount of profit possible. And that implies bringing my own fans and friends to buy my art. Since I want to make it as sort of an even, I still haven't invited the new friends to like my facebook page, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be releasing a timelapse video of the creation process of the most expensive piece that I'll be selling at that show. Expensive as in $10 but still expensive to some people. Once I make that video and release it, I will of course put it up on all my social media sites, so that when people see the video they can see the piece at the end of it and hopefully come and buy it at the show. It might fail miserably but truth be told, there's no way I lose. I'll make the video and release it on youtube, I'll contact a musician to do the music for it and then I'll also post it on my website and on my facebook/instagram/twitter if even only one person sees it and becomes a fan, that is one person that I didn't have before. Gotta start slow but if all works well this might turn into a sort of snowball effect and I will actually have an international fan base willing to buy my art online from my website or come to my shows to buy it. Slowly but surely.

Another thing, I'm postponing the release of the mixtape because of two things. I have this even on my hands and I want to promote it as best as possible so I can sell some of my art and because I've decided to make the release of the Mixtape a long term project. That means once I have the EP done and ready to publish, I will. And I'll give it all the hype possible, and then I'm gonna wait a week and release the process video that I made for the creation of the mixtape's cover art and I'll use that as both a marketing ploy so more people hear the songs or hear them again, and also as a music video because I'll be using the same songs that are on the Mixtape. Gonna also do short morph animations for each video so I can repeat the process every week, but with a new song. And at the end of the whole process when I have all the videos done, I'll compile them into an awesome music video for the next song I'll be making. Basically re-using assets so I don't get bored and can keep focus on me as an artist and my projects. Because while this is happening, I'll be working on more content, I'll be a constant stream of content for people. Always trying to make the most amount of impact in my fanbase so I can motivate them to move my content forward to their friends, and their friends move it as well. It's an elaborate plan but it could work. Also thinking of using the cover art I did for the mixtape and turning it into a shirt design. Got myself some quotes and stuff and it all seems  like a great idea, just need a bit of a budget. We'll see what happens.

One last thing... I might be able to also sell stickers of my art!! I'll keep you all posted. That was all for today folks. Be sure to check out my facebook page. http://facebook.com/mabsmusic and if you like what you see, give it a like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment